Dawn to Dusk

This is where the games and development logs go! :D

Dawn to Dusk

Postby TwoDaemon » Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 am

So the basic plan is to do a fishing game a little like the classic side-on 2d fishing games (Link's Awakening, mostly), except that you have to feed yourself and use other things you fish up to improve your tools and resources.

A sort of roguelike fishing game, where you can die if you don't catch enough to eat, and you can fish up lost items to make better fishing gear, improve your house and suchlike. If I can I want the available fish to change with the seasons, but who knows how far I'll get. Fish will require different strategies to catch, and some will interfere if you try and fish past them, requiring different strategies again to avoid.

I have a list of extended features as long as my arm, but since I'm basically using this as an excuse to try my hand at spritework for the first time I'll be amazed if there are even any fish by the end...
Dawn to Dusk - a roguelikelike fishing game, or possibly just an excuse for sprite practice. Who can say?
TwoDaemon

Re: Dawn to Dusk

Postby TwoDaemon » Wed May 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Seems I am delayed due to real-world concerns, so I won't be able to start until rather late. Oh well.
Dawn to Dusk - a roguelikelike fishing game, or possibly just an excuse for sprite practice. Who can say?
TwoDaemon

Return to Games