A Rough Synopsis:
Hey folks. Only heard about this jam on Saturday. Haven't coded anything remotely game-like in more than a decade, so I thought I'd have a go. It'll also give me a chance to learn up some tech I've been wanting to (node.js, mongodb).
Pretty simplistic to start off:
* You control a boat in the sea with a finite number of men
* You can move your boat
* There are fish in the sea which you can try to fish
* There are sharks
* You may come across other players of the game. You may cooperate with or battle them.
* There is a market to sell your fish
* There is a persistent world map
This won't be a graphically oriented game, but more of a web app. Only recently getting back into any type of user-facing/front-end/graphics development, and not quite there yet, so I'm going to stick with what I can work quickly with.Tools:
* other tools complementing the above
I'll be posting updates when (and if) they come along. First game-type thing I've done in ages, so excited!