Spearfishing

This is where the games and development logs go! :D

Spearfishing

Postby LeafThief » Wed May 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Spearfishing (working title) is the concept for a touch-based game around diving and fishing. You play as the fisherman or fisherwoman of an island-based tribe who happen to be excellent swimmers and divers.

Gameplay
Your people fish with spears underwater. Players can touch and drag two fingers in the opposite direction they want their characters to move. The length of the drag determines the velocity of the following thrust. Releasing causes the avatar to shoot forward, spear-ahead. All fish that are speared along the way are considered "caught."
The one limiting factor is air or time. Air is obvious in a diving game. However time could provide for beautiful light settings (evening underwater, night, etc.) but would mean more work.

The most important aspect for me is to get controls that feel really good. I'm not focusing on making it a highscore game or a game with a explicit goal. My main goal is to make something that feels good to interact with.

LeafThief

Re: Spearfishing

Postby this » Wed May 22, 2013 4:25 pm

that's a really good approach. Too bad i don't have a touch device :(
this

Re: Spearfishing

Postby Jerombd » Wed May 22, 2013 11:50 pm

nice illustration! Future startscreen?
Jerombd

Return to Games