Tropical Fisherman [Finished!]

This is where the games and development logs go! :D

Re: Tropical Fisherman [Finished!]

Postby BeardoGames » Fri May 31, 2013 7:07 pm

Mike, I really enjoyed playing your game! It's got a great look to it and (and this is what makes fishing games so satisfying in general) it's got a nice, laid back, relaxing feel. The look of it reminds me quite a bit of the color palette and style of games that Activision made for the Atari 2600. Thanks also for providing the day by day screens and info-- it was great to see its progress.

Congrats on finishing your first game jam! It was my first one as well but I didn't complete anything nearly as polished as yours, hah.
BeardoGames

Postby nenad » Fri May 31, 2013 8:53 pm

I had fun playing too. Too bad it's not more "open ended". Randomizing the cave and diving to greater depths could enrich the play significantly. All in all, very nice for a week of work.
nenad

Postby Mike » Fri May 31, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks to both of you! I am personally pretty pleased with the look. Apparently drawing 16x16 pixel fish has been my calling in life.

Totally agree about making it more varied. I really like the game and I'm planning to work on it for a little longer and will take a lot of these suggestions. I think it could benefit from a much bigger and partially randomized map as well as more fish and probably more equipment too.
Mike

Postby Mike » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:32 am

Just realized that I had weirdly uploaded a version where you started with $10,000, which was wrong (I was using it to test equipment). So I fixed that. Really dumb bug though. Sorry about that!
Mike

Previous

Return to Games