Community Pool Fishing Master Pro [COMPLETE]

This is where the games and development logs go! :D

Community Pool Fishing Master Pro [COMPLETE]

Postby pyramid_princess » Wed May 29, 2013 5:47 am

UPDATE: The nightmare is over! This project has given me a great insight into the human soul.... It's awful! Anyway, there are two endings, a lot of fun NPCs, and even "fetch quests"(?)- is this the game we've all been waiting for?

My life is now complete, and I have prepared means to ascend beyond this mortal coil, but before I go, I hope you all enjoy what critics are calling "the penultimate work of visionary genius in the 21st century". Please make it end.

VVV -LINK- VVV
http://cicadamarionette.com/Pages/Apart ... index.html

---
OLD POST:

It's me, infamous e-ghost, Cicada Marionette, calling out to you from the depths of the sea! I've been piecing together a bit of a game today, something truly disgusting... Below even contempt! Please look away during the following presentation:

-PRIMER TO "COMMUNITY POOL FISHING MASTER PRO"-
---

---
What mysterious secrets lie in wait at the bottom of the pool? Can anyone truly know such things? In this exciting ripoff of "That Minigame From Link's Awakening" (EXAMPLE: http://youtu.be/ivkS9SAMS9Q) you will find out! Awkwardly wrangle random junk from the bottom of the pool to learn the mysteries of the universe. You'll find lost relics, interesting trinkets, and maybe even a couple friends... You'll have to find out! Rumor has it the vendor is looking for a special Goblet... Keep an eye out!

DEV JOURNAL, DAY 1:
I'm making this in Construct 2, and it's the final piece of a larger suite of Unity/Construct 2 games I've been doing the last couple weeks. Well, today I made some sprites. I've made placeholder rooms for the vendor and the pool fishing-game as well. You can go back/forth between the rooms and it saves your position. Otherwise not much, but I am just now figuring out what I actually want to do. Watch out over the coming days. If you notice any erratic behavior in my updates, please report it to The Police as I have an evil twin who frequently overtakes my internet accounts. Thank you.
Last edited by pyramid_princess on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyramid_princess

Re: Community Pool Fishing Master Pro

Postby pyramid_princess » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:31 am

DAY 4: I have lost my ability to sleep. I roll around uncontrollably on an itchy wool mat, hoping these constant images of fish will leave my head. I won't be able to rest until this "game" has been completed... But it's become so much more! No going back now.

After a couple days of not doing much, today I went ahead and actually added all the mechanics. The font is still terrible however, and Construct 2 isn't being very nice. I can see the end on the horizon though... All that's left is some random junk to flesh the game out, and an ending! But where do I go afterwards? I don't want to even think about it...

pyramid_princess

Re: Community Pool Fishing Master Pro [COMPLETE]

Postby pyramid_princess » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:18 pm

It's done! It's done! Now I can sleep!
pyramid_princess

Re: Community Pool Fishing Master Pro [COMPLETE]

Postby Mouse_Corp » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Outstanding! I recieved the best ending due to my reverence for occult statuettes - great to see a game that reinforces positive moral values! The shop monkey was my favourite character, I related to how he kept requesting money and only cared about money. Terrific - one of a kind - truly the "Moby Dick" of videogames. Was that the Horrible, Screaming Murderer I saw in the apartment complex?? Wow!
Mouse_Corp

Return to Games