Escape From The Fishing Community Island [FINISHED]

This is where the games and development logs go! :D

Re: Escape From The Fishing Community Island [FINISHED]

Postby Fish Itself » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi,
I played the game and love it! It looks good on screenshots, but it's much much better in motion :)
Love the sounds of searching for stuff.

p.s. I managed to catch the biggest fish ever, numbered with 10!! It dragged me to the dark sea, but I killed it and it was delicious :)

I recommend this game.
Fish Itself

Postby nenad » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Hey, thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, it tends to feel much better in motion.

Fish size 10 is quite a monster. It probably dragged you forcefully into the uncharted waters :). Note that you can assign villagers to help anchor the harpoon. This is helpful if you're into big fish harpoon-hunting for sports. Every involved villager can reduce fish's pull significantly.

The biggest fish I've encountered was 7. Theoretically, they can go up to 20. As mentioned before, I used Gaussian distribution for fish generation. Bigger the fish - rarer its occurrence. As with the real fish.

In my experience, the easiest way to catch big fish is with hooks. Hook handling takes a bit od practice and you need to have sufficient number of hooks, but hooks are the most efficient weapon against big ones. Villagers can help here too. Each adding 2 additional hooks to your arsenal.
nenad

Postby SuperMoof » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:05 pm

I had a lot of fun playing this game! It is very nice and the art style is cool.
@supermoof
SuperMoof

Postby nenad » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:17 pm

SuperMoof wrote:I had a lot of fun playing this game! It is very nice and the art style is cool.

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. It indeed turned out surprisingly playable for a 7 day prototype. I'll see to expand it. Adding visual variety and more sophisticated fish behavior top my todo list.
nenad

Postby hoacomay665 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:42 am

Thanks. I'll try to make the playable version available as soon as possible so you guys can try it out. But probably not before day 7. I'd like to bring it to at least somewhat rounded state, with all the planned features included.
hoacomay665

Previous

Return to Games