Day 7 recap
Close to a finish now. Will probably take a day or two more. Here's what I got done today:
- Optimized island generation. It was rather slow, taking up to 10 seconds to make the island. Now it performs much better
- Finalized house/furniture generator. Search areas are now nicely arranged inside houses. No overlaps or door blocking. More varied house plans.
- All food/health items are in the game
- Congrats screen with some play statistics.
- Some number balancing, although the game will be highly unbalanced on this initial release. There's simply not enough time to play/test it enough and tweak the numbers or tune the mechanics.
- Complete color scheme makeover. I used more coherent palette which is easier on the eyes. The idea was to evoke a night atmosphere, if possible with this ideogramatic visuals.
- Various bug fixes and improvements where needed.
Couple of screenshots: