Tau Ceti e Fishing Championships 2295

This is where the games and development logs go! :D

Tau Ceti e Fishing Championships 2295

Postby ananasblau » Thu May 09, 2013 10:57 am

HD 10700d, the fourth planet of Tau Ceti is well known for being the only planet within 50 lightyears to consist of more than 50% water (59% to be precise) with oceans as deep as 2000 miles. Every five years the colonists of HD10700e, ancestors of the APRI50 project that went into history as one of the worst crimes humanity committed, celebrate a fishing contest on their neighboring planet.

In teams of two, a pilot for the low altitude space craft fighting the flying fish and a harpoonist in the heavily armoured bait ship diving down 100 miles and deeper. Both are participating at risk and harpoonists being eaten by larger specimen of the Giant Small Fish (named after Robert Small who led the first expedition to the planet, and lived to tell the tale) and occasionally dragging down the space ship into the unknown depths of the watery planet.

The game will be a two-player game with a splitscreen showing the pilots space ship in top-down perspective and the harpoonist will enjoy the rich underwater wild life in a side view.

draft.png
draft.png (146.01 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
ananasblau

Re: Tau Ceti e Fishing Championships 2295

Postby ananasblau » Wed May 22, 2013 9:09 pm

I finally started today, decided for the rather outdated codebase of cross country runner, mix in some updates and the basic two-player stuff should be in working order by Friday. I'm still game for the original play, it is an exiting idea and I don't see anyone else placing their game on a far away planet. Or spaceships.
ananasblau

Return to Games