New version is up! Let me know what you think
This one's a big update!You can play it herehttp://llnesisll.blogspot.com.au/p/unit ... s-var.htmlStuff added
- Hunger system implemented!
You start at 100% energy which runs down over time. You can replenish it over time by eating food (either from bait or from actual food... which hasn't been included yet, so it's all bait for now). As your energy runs down, your vision gets more and more red, until you die.
- Struggle-for-your-life minigames you enter when you get attacked by something (hooks in bait, stingrays lunging at you, etc as I get around to implementing it tomorrow night). You'll know you're going into one of those minigames if you go into a 3rd person view, so wave the mouse fast if that happens or all your energy will deplete! D:
- Starting area pretty much as finished as I can be bothered making it for now
- Eels modelled + textured (not animated yet, but that's tomorrow nesis' problem
- New fish modelled + textured
- Bait now has an eerie glow around it to highlight it like it's the holy grail or something
Creepy 2001: A Space Odyssey-style vocals to be added when nearing it... (for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPKg2c_bRCs
- Introduction to controls added at start of game
- Death screen + restart-on-click added when you dieControls
Move mouse left + right to flick your fishy tail and swim (or if you're beached, flop forwards).
Move the mouse faster to move faster.
WASD to control turning.
To turn in tight circles, move the mouse gently and use WASD.
To escape when you've been attacked / caught by something, wave the mouse left + right vigorously for 3 seconds (exactly the same speed you'd need to wave it to flop about if you're beached).
R to reset if you get stuck.
F to refill your energy completely (use this to stay alive as long as you want, you should only need to tap it once every 200 seconds unless you're attacked).
K to kill the fish you're playing as.Info
You are the fish, being fished. You are trying to survive in a deep ocean, where vision is limited and food is scarce, hardly distinguishable from bat, and often attracting bigger fish. Every time you eat, you'll be risking your life. What dangers lurk unseen, unknown in the darkness, laying in wait?