Hi, my name's Luke and I'm going to attend Fishing Jam in order to motivate myself to create my May 1GAM title. The basic idea is:
- randomly generated Minesweeper-like boards,
- instead of mines, the boards have several cells with fish,
- you use a sonar to check out fields, get numbers showing adjacent fish fields,
- when you find a fish field, use a rod to extract the fish (possibly randomized types, if I have the time),
- if you use a sonar directly on the fish field, the fish escapes,
- there's a time limit (probably tied to a day-night cycle) for "solving" the board.
I've got some more ideas, like a reeling mini-game or an upgrade store, but the list above is the bare minimum - I'll start implementing more stuff only after I'm done with those. The game will be made with the Unity Pro trial (still learning the ropes with this one).