FishSweeper

This is where the games and development logs go! :D

FishSweeper

Postby Spierek » Tue May 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi, my name's Luke and I'm going to attend Fishing Jam in order to motivate myself to create my May 1GAM title. The basic idea is:
- randomly generated Minesweeper-like boards,
- instead of mines, the boards have several cells with fish,
- you use a sonar to check out fields, get numbers showing adjacent fish fields,
- when you find a fish field, use a rod to extract the fish (possibly randomized types, if I have the time),
- if you use a sonar directly on the fish field, the fish escapes,
- there's a time limit (probably tied to a day-night cycle) for "solving" the board.

I've got some more ideas, like a reeling mini-game or an upgrade store, but the list above is the bare minimum - I'll start implementing more stuff only after I'm done with those. The game will be made with the Unity Pro trial (still learning the ropes with this one).
Spierek

Re: FishSweeper

Postby Spierek » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Alright folks, the game is done (although it took me longer than expected). You can play it here:

FishSweeper

The game is basically Minesweeper with two small twists: the mines are fish (which means that you can't die; using LMB on a fish field scares the fish) and there's a time limit (that is decreased when you use your tools). Made in Unity. Visit http://spierek.net/ if you'd like to see more of my games.

Controls:
LMB - use sonar (takes three seconds) to check how many of the adjacent fields are fish fields.
RMB - use fishing rod (takes 20 seconds) to catch fish.

Spierek

Return to Games