Fishing for Sanity

This is where the games and development logs go! :D

Fishing for Sanity

Postby ProfessorSteamgear » Sun May 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Fishing for Sanity

- NOT TOO RELAXING OF A FISHING GAME

Ok, so it's time for a humble beginning. Two of my colleagues at Ludosity; Regnsloja and Maninboots will be participating here, so I felt like jumping in to challenge them. Fishing games are serious business after all! I'll be combining some of that jolly fishing past time with a bit of HP Lovecraft that's been so popular in other game genres. Hopefully this will turn out as amusing as it seems in my head :D

I'll be updating the progress here, as well as on my twitter ProfessorSteamgear ( https://twitter.com/ProfessorSteamg ) and art for the game will probably go in my deviantart page for Steamgear ( http://steamgear.deviantart.com/ )

Will see how long this thing takes to finish, since I will be at work during the week. Hopefully I'll get enough to polish up something fun in the weekend at least :)
ProfessorSteamgear

Re: Fishing for Sanity

Postby ProfessorSteamgear » Wed May 22, 2013 7:02 am

Time for an update!
Since I'm an artist rather than a programmer, I'm currently busy getting the groundwork programming done first, since I wanna get the trouble spots over with as soon as possible. Been pretty tired after my normal day work making games for a living, but did most of the menus and overworld programmed last eve. So most of the skeleton of an adventure game is finished now. Hope I can go over to get some graphics up soon. There's really not much stuff that's visually exciting done yet.
ProfessorSteamgear

Postby ProfessorSteamgear » Thu May 23, 2013 7:42 am

I'm finally getting to the the part when I can start making some graphics. Seems like I'm going for an early 90s pixel style with this one.

http://steamgear.deviantart.com/art/Fis ... -373271131

Got the humble beginning of the overworld mapscreen and inventory.
ProfessorSteamgear

Postby Jerombd » Thu May 23, 2013 8:46 am

Deep Ones & Dagon? "Lovecraft Seal of Approval" !
Jerombd

Postby ProfessorSteamgear » Thu May 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Yes, you bet there will be some bad things in the water! *Evil*
ProfessorSteamgear

Postby ProfessorSteamgear » Thu May 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Fixing the day progress events now. The game will be kinda like the Majoras Mask of fishing games. Different things may happen at different areas over the four days the games take place.

ProfessorSteamgear

Postby ProfessorSteamgear » Sat May 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Aw man. Seems like I went for a waaaay too big scope. This have taken way too long. I've gotten pushed back about a day on a problem. I may have to shrink the game down into something like a demo so this work wasn't all in vane :/
ProfessorSteamgear

Postby ProfessorSteamgear » Sun May 26, 2013 4:31 am

I went way too big, and realized way too late I would not make it in time. So I had to cut out well... most of the entire game to make something playable. Working on getting the action sequence working now. Will be more of a demo of a game idea.

ProfessorSteamgear

Postby ProfessorSteamgear » Sun May 26, 2013 7:36 am

This will do.
I had to cut out the adventure part. This is more like a shell of a game. But... you can fish! So it's a fishing game. That looks like an adventure game. Oh well.

Here's the PC file from media fire. It's an EXE but don't worry, it's just a game maker executable.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4b8db9opgvd360/FishingForSanityDEMO.exe

If you have any questions, or decide to try it out, just comment here or on my twitter!
ProfessorSteamgear

Return to Games