Link to the latest build of the gamehttp://llnesisll.blogspot.com.au/p/unit ... s-var.htmlControls
Move mouse left + right to flick your fishy tail and swim (or if you're beached, flop forwards).
Move the mouse faster to move faster.
WASD to control turning.
To turn in tight circles, move the mouse gently and use WASD.
R to reset if you get stuck.Info
You are the fish, being fished. You are trying to survive in a deep ocean, where vision is limited and food is scarce, hardly distinguishable from bat, and often attracting bigger fish. Every time you eat, you'll be risking your life. What dangers lurk unseen, unknown in the darkness, laying in wait?Features added so far
- movement using the mouse and WASD
- automatic control change when jumping in / out of water
- teleport trigger (pink box) that takes you to a teleport point (yellow sphere)... not in use yet, but will be used for loading the game from a safe menu screen
- bait that lures you in if you swim too close... you need to fight your fishy instincts (see food, eat food) by trying to swim away before you get caught (will hopefully be applying this mechanism to some enemies, both to lure you and have them get lured)
- leviathan that swims around and can knocks you about... and to be honest, it made me jump the first time I tested it out, be warned XD
- some underwater-y sound effectsTo be added
- more interesting level geometry (so you can swim fast through tight passages to escape from bigger fish, or have things jump out at you from camouflage places)
- more sound effects
- more big scary fish with basic jump-scare AI
- stuff above water to make you really really
want to stay below water
- simple fear / hunger system (to define when game over should occur)
- much larger + better-designed area to swim in and explore
You will be the fish, being fished. You will be trying to survive in a deep ocean, where vision is limited and food is scarce, hardly distinguishable from bait, and often attracting bigger fish. Every time you eat, you'll be risking your life. What dangers lurk undetected, laying in wait?
This is intended to be a simple but scary game, putting you in the mindset of a small fish in a big ocean. The biggest part of this will be creating the ambience.
To swim, you will flick your tail (mouse) left and right. The faster you flick, the faster you swim.
Me and my buddy are gonna have fun making some freaky creatures >:D Camouflage, eerie deep sea noises, and other creepy stuff.
I've already got a prototype of the first person fish working, I'll upload it when I get home.